What’s your story?
Connecting with customers or community needs a story free from distractions. I provide solutions for creating clear, compelling prose for your audience. As a writer, editor and translator, I love figuring out how to connect and (co)-crafting messages and sites that inform and inspire.
I’ve lived and worked in many different cultures, so it’s natural for me to see multiple perspectives at once and suggest how to bring them together. I offer the eye to see when language issues get in the way of an authentic message.
Social infrastructure, environmental impact, and ethical interdependence have grown as measures of achievement. If incorporating these perspectives into your story is important, I can offer you more than the standard solutions to your communications needs.
What clients say:
“We very much liked your take on the text–you have really bought out the story we wanted to tell. Thank you for bringing our story to life! ”
Wonu Owoade, More Than Brides Alliance
“Susan is a dedicated and independent person, with a strong sense of responsibility and a great sense of humour. Moreover, I’ve always been very impressed by the ease with which she was able to appropriate complex matter and render it in her own words. Her basic knowledge of many areas is extensive, and she learns quickly.”
Domeniek Ruyters, Executive Editor, Metropolis M
“Susan is efficient and professional, and communicates clearly. She provided more than just editing for our web site but also advice on presenting our services. We look forward to working with her again.”
Lucy L, Owner, Sunshine Au Pair
- Articles and publicity for JACCU – Japanese Arts and Culture Centre Utrecht
- Packaging and website copy for startup lifestyle brands
- Article for Carangid on LinkedIn.
- Voice-over script for documentary film “Ienke Kastelein, Interdisciplinary Artist”
- Website copy for Sunshine Au Pair and Jill Van Note
Writing and translating:
- Translating for Welcome Stranger
- Website and brochure copy for the More Than Brides Alliance international
- Advocacy program communications and content marketing for academic research solutions
- Quarterly newsletters, program publicity and weekly social media posts for
Shambhala Meditation Utrecht
- A Program Leader’s guide for Karme Choling Meditation Center’s volunteer residency program
- Email and website marketing copy for Shambhala New York City
- Press releases and publicity for Meyerowitz Studio
- Contributed original reporting and writing for Transom.org