How do you connect beyond common narratives and expectations?
I write clear, compelling prose for connecting with customers and community.
As a writer, editor or translator, I love co-crafting messages and verbal spaces that inform and inspire.
I’ve lived and worked in many cultures, so I see multiple perspectives at once and can bring them together. I leverage my eye for language issues to bring an authentic message to life.
Developing your ESG (Economic, Social, and Governance) strategy? I’m keen to help you share how social infrastructure, environmental impact, and ethical interdependence are important measures of achievement for you and show the relevance of your mission now.
What people say about working with me:
“We very much liked your take on the text–you have really bought out the story we wanted to tell. Thank you for bringing our story to life! ”
Wonu Owoade, More Than Brides Alliance
“Susan is a dedicated and independent person, with a strong sense of responsibility and a great sense of humour. Moreover, I’ve always been very impressed by the ease with which she was able to appropriate complex matter and render it in her own words. Her basic knowledge of many areas is extensive, and she learns quickly.”
Domeniek Ruyters, Executive Editor, Metropolis M
“Susan is efficient and professional, and communicates clearly. She provided more than just editing for our web site but also advice on presenting our services. We look forward to working with her again.”
Lucy L, Owner, Sunshine Au Pair
Some of my past assignments:
AICA/Lara van Hartog Jager – “The Museum at the Barricade“
Welcome Stranger/Thijs Lijster – “Behind the Facade, the Commons“
Copywriting and Editing:
- Packaging and website copy for startup lifestyle brands
- Topical articles on communications industry themes
- Editing articles for Carangid and JACCU – Japanese Arts and Culture Centre Utrecht
- Voice-over script for documentary film “Ienke Kastelein, Interdisciplinary Artist”
- Website and brochure copy for the More Than Brides Alliance international
- Advocacy program communications and content marketing for academic research solutions.
- Website copy for Sunshine Au Pair and Jill Van Note
- Quarterly newsletters, program publicity and weekly social media posts for a
Utrecht meditation and study center
- Press releases and publicity for Meyerowitz Studio
- Contributed original reporting and writing for Transom.org